Monday, May 6, 2013

Final Project: Production Log


  Starting with the idea of time passage, I decided to apply that concept to a digital image since i learned from photoshop the most in this class. How I was going to make that photo was still a mystery to me till i did some research on how to merge pictures and what times depict the sunrise and sunset the best.
  In my research i started by going through the book "The Ultimate Book of Optical Illusions" that i got from the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. This gave inspired me on how to create illusions that show the passage of time. I then watched a video and read a blog online which taught me how to merge pictures and show the perfect representation of daylight. More on the research i did can be found on the blog post about my research plan --> Research Plan <-- . The main problem I had was merging the pictures to fit exactly together and putting the right filters to blend the pictures together. After different filters were used and i did more research this problem was overcome. 
  This piece was very successful to me as I accomplished all I wished to and found new projects that could be generated from this one. I enjoyed challenging myself to make this piece a success, although taking multiple pictures and not getting the right one was a pain in the butt, it was worth it. Animations could be made representing the passage of time through perspective and even a musical/movie could be made, to mention a few. I tried a video representation but is still in process. I am happy with this project because it also represents most of the elements i personally learned from this class.
"Perspective Through Time"

The video below is a follow up of me trying to expand the project. The video is still in process but you can view a rough draft. I made recorded this video at one time but i created the illusion that it was at different times. I used final cut pro to make the video. 



No comments:

Post a Comment