Title: Drunk Vision:
In this picture I worked with duplicating the same layer and transparency to create sight that looks like one is drunk. I love the concept in this picture because the iphone shows one bottle in the background but our "eyes" see more than one in the background representing that drunk vision.
Title: "I, Him, Me, We. One":
In this picture I manipulated layers in photoshop to create an illusion of having multiple people in the same picture but are all the same person. I really like this because it looks clean and natural like there were actually more than one of me in the picture. I find it really amazing that I have learned to do such in photoshop.
Title: Two Sides : This is one of my most favorite pictures in my portfolio. I took the most time making this piece than i did any other pictures because i had more than four different ideas to showcase the idea I had. The concept behind this picture depicts the thought that there is two sides to everyone, the good side, and the not so good side. The colored/highly saturated side in this abstract picture depicts the good side, while the black&white side shows the bad.
Title: Different Views:
In this picture, I played around with color correction and the manipulation of layers. I like the concept behind the picture which shows how we tend to see things differently on computers, phones, TV's etc than we see with our real eyes. I enjoyed making this illusion because I taught of the idea myself from scratch and took my time to make the composition.
Title: Proudly Nigerian:
For this picture, I used the rule of thirds to position all the objects in the places they are. I made sure i left some negative space in the foreground of the picture to balance out the composition of the picture. I also corrected the color of the whole picture to make it have a greener tint because Nigeria's color is green and that is what i represent. I really like this picture because it speaks not just for me but for all my other fellow Nigerians.
Title: Gentleman Love:
I took this picture at a valentines day banquet this past February. I directed the composition of this piece right from the candles in the glass cups to the man standing behind blurred in the background. I did some color correcting to make the picture have more of a red tint to represent love and the spirit of valentines. I also corrected the exposure of the picture to give it a smooth feeling.
----
For my mid-term portfolio, I picked the pictures that I believe had the most effort put in them. So far, i have learned a lot in Photoshop and these pictures that i snapped and edited myself depict what i have learned. In this portfolio I incorporated pictures that were made from manipulating layers, color correction, exposure/brightness corrections and external/internal grids to mention a few. I believe my strength in this portfolio is the amount of illusions i created and i am very happy with them. By the end of the semester I am certain that I will be more skilled and creative with digital imaging than now.






No comments:
Post a Comment